Why Write Anyway?

Without writing what would we read? How else would be we disclose ourselves, our individuality, separateness and peculiarity? Without writing we have no message, we would lack the engineering marvels created by words. We need writers to have something to quote to better express ourselves and understand others. As Rabbi Salanter, once said, "Writing is one of the easies things: erasing is one of the hardest". The What and Why and How and Where and Who of life would not exist if it were not for writing.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hey, pull your pants up!

The other day while I was in my bank, I saw this teenage kid in the line up with his pants sagging so low I was sure his pants would be around his ankles by the time he finished his banking.  Can someone please explain to me why this is still around?  Why have we not told these kids to pull their freaking pants up?  I've seen all of the fruit of the looms that I care to.  Why does this stuff anger me so?  Good question.  I need a good answer.   

Where did all this come from and why is it still around?  I'm certain it has something to do with some rapper fashion going back to the early 90's.  Will this style ever leave? It's 2009 and I still see butts at my bank and shopping mall. In analyzing this butt sagging fashion statement, my conclusion is that it is the modern youth culture's statement of rebellion.  Whereas in my generation youth marched in protest against war and government, now they simply pull their pants down in some kind of protest against the establishment.  

I'm sure we can find some psychologist who will say that we need to help these kids deal with their rebellion and allow them to express their rebellion in a healthy way.  Baloney!  Pull  your freaking pants up because I do not want to see your ugly bum at the shopping mall next Christmas.  

Our youth of today are the most privileged generation in history.  They have more opportunity, more leisure time, easier standards, less work, and more stuff than anyone - ever.  All we ask as adults who are giving you this easy life style is, PULL YOUR PANTS UP!       

3 comments:

  1. Right on, Pasta Bob. My thought is, whoever thought PLUMBERS would set the fashion trend for women's pants????!!!!???? Ah, yes. It is scary when our young (and, ohso scary, old) women run around in PLUMBER PANTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the anonymous. Just not savvy enough to get my post through otherwise. KReese, Whitefish, MT

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive